“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.” – Matthew 6:19-21
When we first undertook the building addition and remodeling project, little did we know the positive impact this new space would have on our wider Pekin community...
Fruit of the "Growing in Grace" Campaign
When we first began pledging toward our growth in 2012, it may have seemed like a huge task. But God is able to do all things and to bless us abundantly. He has already shown Himself faithful by allowing us to accomplish all that we have been blessed with so far, with Growth in our:
- Worship services, especially Saturday Chapel and our Contemporary Service
- Youth ministries, both Jr. and Sr. High RadicaL
- Hands-on mission involvement by youth and adults
- Serving of the poor and elderly in our community through Grace Café and the food pantry
- Small group ministries, Adult Bible Study and prayer opportunities
- Sunday School and other Christian Education ministries
- Music ministry
- Hospitality ministry
- Our new Family Life Center – which offers an enhanced worship experience, abundant dining space, full-size gymnasium and off-street parking, easy accessibility
What will Grace UMC look like years from now? A thriving, growing, welcoming church that continues to fulfill its mission and overflows with people who hear the call of Jesus Christ, assuring their place beside Him in the Kingdom? Together, we can continue to make this a reality.
Help Us Meet Another Challenge.
Our challenge now is paying off our indebtedness. The addition of our new space required a long-term commitment – a mortgage. We know that we will have more capacity for ministry in Christ’s name the sooner we eliminate our debt. Now is the right time for this capital campaign - Sustaining God's Grace; waiting will only increase the cost to our ministry.
The point of Sustaining God’s Grace is to reduce the principle of our debt in order to do more ministries to our congregation, our community and around the world. This campaign is designed to address that need.
Join Our Commitment.
On May 3, 2015, members and friends of Grace United Methodist Church will be encouraged to consider a three-year commitment above and beyond their regular giving to invest in new families and to meet the needs of our future for generations yet to come. Only a sacrificial sense of giving can help to lay such a foundation for the future. Gifts will always differ in proportion to each person’s resources, but we can share an equal sense of calling, commitment and sacrifice. Together, with God’s grace working in and through God’s people, we can meet the challenge. Download a pledge card here.
- Download a brochure.
- Download our first newsletter about the campaign.
- Download our second newsletter about the campaign.
- Download our third newsletter about the campaign, along with a summary of our Building Project.